Monday, June 23, 2014

Fairy Alyce in Shabby Chic

I am waaaaay out of my box with this card. As you know, I am usually a clean and simple kind of girl but I do like to experiment every now and again to see what I am capable of and I thought I would give shabby chic a try again. This is for the June challenge on the Kit and Clowder Ning site. You do have to be a member of the site but it's free and there is lots of eye candy on the site and wealth of coloring information and classes for beginners and intermediate colorists.

The image is a commission from the Stamping Chef done specially for Alyce. I colored her with copics and painted the background with some Twinkling H2Os. I used my copics to add color to a white pearl flourish to match my project. I distressed the edges of my cardstock and patterned paper and painted a little gesso on the patterned paper to tone down the color. I also painted some onto the flowers and then went along the edges with some Vintage Photo distress ink. I also added a little cheese cloth in a couple of areas with iridescent medium. I added some salmon colored pearl drops to the wings with a Viva Pearl Pen.

I have to say I am pretty pleased with how this came out since I colored the image before I even had an idea of what kind of project I had in mind or even what color paper I was going to use. I am also entering this into the Stamping Chef Anything Goes Challenge.

Copic Key:








Products Used:
Stamp Set - The Stamping Chef Alyce (digi)
Paper - Rustic Cream, Sweet Blus, DCWV
Ink - Vintage Photo
Gesso, Iridescent medium, Twinkling H2Os, Want2Scrap pearl flourish, Prima flowers, rosette trim, Wilton doily, cheese cloth, edge dsitresser, Salmon Viva Pearl Pen, Copic markers


1 comment:

Sharing your thoughts makes my day and I appreciate that you take the time to leave me a comment.

Flower Petals

acrylic paint All Dressed Up Altered Items Anniversary Aurora Wings Baby Baby Shower bezels Bind-it-All Birthday Blog Hop Bookmark Bridal Shower card CardMaker Cards CAS2011fallDT CFC Challenges Ching Chou Kuik Christmas Communion Congratulations Cooking Copic Cricut Cricut Art Philosophy CTMH CTMH News CTMH Stamps Digi Stamps Digital Paper Distress Inks Distress Paint Dylusions Easter Elizabeth Bell Embossing Engagement Fall Fancy fantasy Father's Day Favors fl Flower Soft Flower Soft Blog Hop Flower Soft Display Globes Flower Soft Downloads Flower Soft molds Flower Soft Stamps Flower Soft Toppers Flower Soft Wires Friendship gelli prints General Get Well Gift Card GinaK Designs Giveaway Glimmer Mist Graduation Gratitude Halloween Heartfelt Creations Heartfelt Creations Alumni DT Heartfelt Creations DT Hero Arts Home Decor Hostess Gift Ice Resin Impressabilities Impression Obsession In the Pink Invitations jewelry JustRite Kara's Corner keychain Kool Tak La La Land Love Mabel Lucie Attwell Make it Monday Mardi Gras Masculine Media Mixage Memory Box dies MFT Mini Album Miss You Mitzi Sato-Wiuff Mixed Media MLK modeling paste Mojo Monday Mother's Day Moxie Fab Music My Favorite Things My Mind's Eye Nestabilities Our Daily Bread Designs Paper Crafts Paper Piecing Passover Patriotic Peachy Keen Penny Black Photoshop Polka Doodles PPinkyDolls Project Pea DT PTI Blog Hop PTI Dies PTI Stamps Publications Recipes resin Sale Saturated Canary Scrapbooking Shabby Chic Shapeabilities Silk Acrylic Glaze Silks Simply Betty Sizzix Dies Sketch Slinky Tart Slinky Tart DT SNSS Spellbinders Spring St. Patrick's Day Stamp Camp Stampendous Stamping Stamping Chef Stationery stencil Sugar Pea Designs Summer Sweet 'n Sassy Sweet Pea Stamps Sympathy Tags Teacher Templates Thank You Thanksgiving The Stamps of Life Thinking of You Tiddly Inks Tim Holtz tips TSC DT TSOL TSOL DT Tutorial Valentine Vellum Video Vintage Want2Scrap Water Color WCMD Wedding Winners Winter Workshops and Classes WPlus9
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...