Monday, April 7, 2014

Be a Star Box Card

Skin - E000, E00, E11, E21, E04, V95, R20; Hair - E51, E53, E55, E57; 
Outfit - R91, R83, R85, R59, YG0000, YG03, G82; Guitar - YR21, YR23, YR24, YR27, E33, E35, E37, W3, W4

I was asked to make a card for a special girl who was turning 10 this past weekend. She is a cutie with beautiful blonde hair and loves to play the guitar. I had recently see these box cards "pop" up all over blogland and I thought it would be the perfect interactive card for a 10 year old. I found the tutorial for the Pop-Up Box Card at Splitcoast HERE.



click to enlarge
I found the perfect digital image from La La Land Crafts of the little girl with the guitar. I printed her and colored her with copics. I then cut her out and attached her to the card. I also cut out stars with several different dies, glittered and embossed them and attached then to some clear acetate. I also die cut the little girls name and age.

I used my clear Wink of Stella glitter pen on the band in her hat and also on her boots, as well as on the raised dots on the large embossed star behind her. Unfortunately, this was hard to capture with the camera but it adds a beautiful glimmer to the image.

I added a sentiment to the back and left a large area for her mom and dad to write a message.

I wish I could have been there to see her face when she opened it. This was one of those projects that I just loved making. I think I may have to make some more. ;)







Products Used:
Stamp Sets - Mod Marci (digi), PTI Superstars and Birthday Basics
Ink - Versafine Black Onyx
Paper - Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Leaf, patterned paper from my scraps
PTI Block Alphabet Upper and Lower, Bubble Talk and By the Numbers dies, Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles, Sizzix, Copic, Wink of Stella Clear, glitter

2 comments:

  1. Well I think your card cinched it!! I am going to make one of these cards for a little girl who is doing chemo. Yours is so pretty and so wonderfully cute at the same time!! TFS your adorable BD card (box).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! This is amazing - and I agree, I'm betting the expression on her face was very happy! What a wonderful card - you really knocked this one out of the ball park!

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts makes my day and I appreciate that you take the time to leave me a comment.

Flower Petals

acrylic paint All Dressed Up Altered Items Anniversary Aurora Wings Baby Baby Shower bezels Bind-it-All Birthday Blog Hop Bookmark Bridal Shower card CardMaker Cards CAS2011fallDT CFC Challenges Ching Chou Kuik Christmas Communion Congratulations Cooking Copic Cricut Cricut Art Philosophy CTMH CTMH News CTMH Stamps Digi Stamps Digital Paper Distress Inks Distress Paint Dylusions Easter Elizabeth Bell Embossing Engagement Fall Fancy fantasy Father's Day Favors fl Flower Soft Flower Soft Blog Hop Flower Soft Display Globes Flower Soft Downloads Flower Soft molds Flower Soft Stamps Flower Soft Toppers Flower Soft Wires Friendship gelli prints General Get Well Gift Card GinaK Designs Giveaway Glimmer Mist Graduation Gratitude Halloween Heartfelt Creations Heartfelt Creations Alumni DT Heartfelt Creations DT Hero Arts Home Decor Hostess Gift Ice Resin Impressabilities Impression Obsession In the Pink Invitations jewelry JustRite Kara's Corner keychain Kool Tak La La Land Love Mabel Lucie Attwell Make it Monday Mardi Gras Masculine Media Mixage Memory Box dies MFT Mini Album Miss You Mitzi Sato-Wiuff Mixed Media MLK modeling paste Mojo Monday Mother's Day Moxie Fab Music My Favorite Things My Mind's Eye Nestabilities Our Daily Bread Designs Paper Crafts Paper Piecing Passover Patriotic Peachy Keen Penny Black Photoshop Polka Doodles PPinkyDolls Project Pea DT PTI Blog Hop PTI Dies PTI Stamps Publications Recipes resin Sale Saturated Canary Scrapbooking Shabby Chic Shapeabilities Silk Acrylic Glaze Silks Simply Betty Sizzix Dies Sketch Slinky Tart Slinky Tart DT SNSS Spellbinders Spring St. Patrick's Day Stamp Camp Stampendous Stamping Stamping Chef Stationery stencil Sugar Pea Designs Summer Sweet 'n Sassy Sweet Pea Stamps Sympathy Tags Teacher Templates Thank You Thanksgiving The Stamps of Life Thinking of You Tiddly Inks Tim Holtz tips TSC DT TSOL TSOL DT Tutorial Valentine Vellum Video Vintage Want2Scrap Water Color WCMD Wedding Winners Winter Workshops and Classes WPlus9
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...