Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Roses

Pin It
Happy Mother's Day!

One thing I love is making cards for those people who really enjoy receiving something handcrafted. In my life, one of those people happens to be my mother-in-law. My mother passed 4 years ago and although I miss her terribly every day and no one could ever take her place, I am fortunate to have a wonderful, loving mother-in-law who has treated me like a daughter since the day we met. She has been so supportive and encouraging when it comes to my crafting and I love making cards for her.

She really likes the layered and embellished cards I make but those can sometimes be cumbersome to mail which is why I love these Spellbinders dies. I used the Elegant Labels 4 dies to create the beautiful layers and used some shimmer paper that I recently ordered. I also used the 1/16"dimensional foam from Kool Tak to give some of the layers a bit of dimension without adding too much bulk.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope your day is wonderful!







Products Used:
Stamp Sets - The Sweet Life and Blooming Button Bits
Paper - Leaf and Raspberry shimmer paper, SS White, and Sweet Blush
Ink - Fresh Ink Sugar, Pink Lemonade, Fuchsia, Celery and Mojito; Tea Dye
Spellbinders Elegant Labels 4, Grand Labels 4 and Labels 4, and Ribbon Banner dies; adhesive gems,
Kool Tak Adhesive foam pads

6 comments:

  1. Wow...That's beautiful. Are those the Papertrey Ink stamps? Congratulations on making it to the 2nd round of the Spellbinders DT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...I forgot. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! The lacey look, the pretty roses, the colors - this all comes together perfectly! It's so beautiful!! She will love it!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Love the colors and all the die cut layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on making Round 2 for Spellbinders. Good Luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous. So pretty for Mother's Day. I bet your Mother-In-Law loved it. Your work is beautiful.
    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts makes my day and I appreciate that you take the time to leave me a comment.

Flower Petals

acrylic paint All Dressed Up Altered Items Anniversary Aurora Wings Baby Baby Shower bezels Bind-it-All Birthday Blog Hop Bookmark Bridal Shower card CardMaker Cards CAS2011fallDT CFC Challenges Ching Chou Kuik Christmas Communion Congratulations Cooking Copic Cricut Cricut Art Philosophy CTMH CTMH News CTMH Stamps Digi Stamps Digital Paper Distress Inks Distress Paint Dylusions Easter Elizabeth Bell Embossing Engagement Fall Fancy fantasy Father's Day Favors fl Flower Soft Flower Soft Blog Hop Flower Soft Display Globes Flower Soft Downloads Flower Soft molds Flower Soft Stamps Flower Soft Toppers Flower Soft Wires Friendship gelli prints General Get Well Gift Card GinaK Designs Giveaway Glimmer Mist Graduation Gratitude Halloween Heartfelt Creations Heartfelt Creations Alumni DT Heartfelt Creations DT Hero Arts Home Decor Hostess Gift Ice Resin Impressabilities Impression Obsession In the Pink Invitations jewelry JustRite Kara's Corner keychain Kool Tak La La Land Love Mabel Lucie Attwell Make it Monday Mardi Gras Masculine Media Mixage Memory Box dies MFT Mini Album Miss You Mitzi Sato-Wiuff Mixed Media MLK modeling paste Mojo Monday Mother's Day Moxie Fab Music My Favorite Things My Mind's Eye Nestabilities Our Daily Bread Designs Paper Crafts Paper Piecing Passover Patriotic Peachy Keen Penny Black Photoshop Polka Doodles PPinkyDolls Project Pea DT PTI Blog Hop PTI Dies PTI Stamps Publications Recipes resin Sale Saturated Canary Scrapbooking Shabby Chic Shapeabilities Silk Acrylic Glaze Silks Simply Betty Sizzix Dies Sketch Slinky Tart Slinky Tart DT SNSS Spellbinders Spring St. Patrick's Day Stamp Camp Stampendous Stamping Stamping Chef Stationery stencil Sugar Pea Designs Summer Sweet 'n Sassy Sweet Pea Stamps Sympathy Tags Teacher Templates Thank You Thanksgiving The Stamps of Life Thinking of You Tiddly Inks Tim Holtz tips TSC DT TSOL TSOL DT Tutorial Valentine Vellum Video Vintage Want2Scrap Water Color WCMD Wedding Winners Winter Workshops and Classes WPlus9
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...