Monday, November 21, 2011

Peace and Let it Snow


This week's CAS Theme Challenge over at Splitcoast is Christmas or Winter.  I had a completely different card planned but my Papertrey Ink order came in Saturday and of course I started playing and these are the two cards I came up with.  They are essentially the same and I couldn't decide which one I liked better.  I am leaning towards "Let it Snow" but my husband and daughter preferred "Peace" (below).



click to enlarge
I used the largest of the Damask Snowflakes die on a piece of Soft Stone cardstock (my new fave).  I then attached a piece of glttered pattern paper behind it.  I cut some SS White with the other snowflake, sprayed with adhesive and added mica and glitter.  I popped the panel onto a white card base and rounded the bottom corners.  I really do like both and they are just soooo sparkly.  If you have the time, leave me a comment and let me know your preference.

I hope you'll play along.  Also, the search for the new CAS Design Team is under way.  So for any of you that like to create CAS cards, there is still time to enter round one.  You have until noon today to upload your card.

Products Used:
Stamp Sets - PTI 2009 Holiday Tags
Paper - PTI SS White and Soft Stone; DCWV Lemmon Flower matstack
Ink - CTMH Grey Wool
PTI Damask Snowflakes, Wonderful Words: Holiday
Glitter
Mica

4 comments:

  1. wow - these are both so nice. I like the 'let it snow' a little better - more emphasis on the fabulous snowflake. I'm envious - you got your pti order! I'm waiting for mine and hope, hope, hope it comes before Thanksgiving so I can start loving on my new stamps.

    I love how you did the die cut on this - first the cut-out, then the die cut overlayed. Great technique - especially with the patterned paper behind and the glitter on top. Love soft stone. can't wait to get my hands on it (with my order!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't select one over the other as they're both so beautiful! Gorgeous cards with that super snowflake.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cibele,
    They are both just awesome! I love them both - but the Peace one sings to me (as I support that thought!).
    What a wonderful card design!!! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are simply stunning!! Love the white on white

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts makes my day and I appreciate that you take the time to leave me a comment.

Flower Petals

acrylic paint All Dressed Up Altered Items Anniversary Aurora Wings Baby Baby Shower bezels Bind-it-All Birthday Blog Hop Bookmark Bridal Shower card CardMaker Cards CAS2011fallDT CFC Challenges Ching Chou Kuik Christmas Communion Congratulations Cooking Copic Cricut Cricut Art Philosophy CTMH CTMH News CTMH Stamps Digi Stamps Digital Paper Distress Inks Distress Paint Dylusions Easter Elizabeth Bell Embossing Engagement Fall Fancy fantasy Father's Day Favors fl Flower Soft Flower Soft Blog Hop Flower Soft Display Globes Flower Soft Downloads Flower Soft molds Flower Soft Stamps Flower Soft Toppers Flower Soft Wires Friendship gelli prints General Get Well Gift Card GinaK Designs Giveaway Glimmer Mist Graduation Gratitude Halloween Heartfelt Creations Heartfelt Creations Alumni DT Heartfelt Creations DT Hero Arts Home Decor Hostess Gift Ice Resin Impressabilities Impression Obsession In the Pink Invitations jewelry JustRite Kara's Corner keychain Kool Tak La La Land Love Mabel Lucie Attwell Make it Monday Mardi Gras Masculine Media Mixage Memory Box dies MFT Mini Album Miss You Mitzi Sato-Wiuff Mixed Media MLK modeling paste Mojo Monday Mother's Day Moxie Fab Music My Favorite Things My Mind's Eye Nestabilities Our Daily Bread Designs Paper Crafts Paper Piecing Passover Patriotic Peachy Keen Penny Black Photoshop Polka Doodles PPinkyDolls Project Pea DT PTI Blog Hop PTI Dies PTI Stamps Publications Recipes resin Sale Saturated Canary Scrapbooking Shabby Chic Shapeabilities Silk Acrylic Glaze Silks Simply Betty Sizzix Dies Sketch Slinky Tart Slinky Tart DT SNSS Spellbinders Spring St. Patrick's Day Stamp Camp Stampendous Stamping Stamping Chef Stationery stencil Sugar Pea Designs Summer Sweet 'n Sassy Sweet Pea Stamps Sympathy Tags Teacher Templates Thank You Thanksgiving The Stamps of Life Thinking of You Tiddly Inks Tim Holtz tips TSC DT TSOL TSOL DT Tutorial Valentine Vellum Video Vintage Want2Scrap Water Color WCMD Wedding Winners Winter Workshops and Classes WPlus9
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...