Friday, October 23, 2009

Snowfriends Easel Card

CTMH-Snowfriends

There are two things I love about this card. First, this is one of my favorite CTMH seasonal stamp sets. It's called Snowfriends and it is a set of the most adorable snowmen. The second thing I love about this card is the way it displays your artwork. I got the instructions from Splitcoaststampers Technique Monday where the template was so generously shared by Penny Wessenauer. You can find the instructions HERE.

Click to enlarge


I know that I will be making these often. The first easel card I made involved a digi stamp and I am waiting for the artist to give me the go ahead to post. In the meantime, let me tell you a little about this card. The snowman image was stamped in Black Soot Distress Ink and then colored with copics. I added some glitter to the snowballs and Polar White Flower Soft on the bottom to look like snow. The snowflakes were made with a Martha Stewart punch and then embossed with polysparkle EP. I then layered them with snowflake brads to which I added stickles. The white fiber is a clearance find from the LSS. For my brace, I popped up my sentiment but as a variation for your easel cards, you could also use a brad or a button. As for the background, I made it using impressabilities, ink and perfect pearls. I hope to have a tutorial on how I did it sometime next week so please check back.

I hope you'll give making one of these a try.

8 comments:

  1. Great card! The Snow Friends guys are some of my favorites too. :) And I really like how you designed your easel card. The snowflakes in the background are just perfect with the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. I love the snowman and the flakes down the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cibele this is one of my favorite sets also...love how your card turned out, wonderful paper pack choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cibele, this is beautiful. I want to make one just like it. I have to do thank you cards this weekend though. Maybe next week I can work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is just amazing Cibele! Gorgeous. Don't have time to say how much I love it (a lot) but just wanted you to know that I stopped by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is darling! Thanks for the instructions.

    I love all your recent Halloween projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this style of card is magnificent, I am so on board with you about this stamp set it's the best for snowmen! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is an adorable image, it is super in an easel card, great work...have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts makes my day and I appreciate that you take the time to leave me a comment.

Flower Petals

acrylic paint All Dressed Up Altered Items Anniversary Aurora Wings Baby Baby Shower bezels Bind-it-All Birthday Blog Hop Bookmark Bridal Shower card CardMaker Cards CAS2011fallDT CFC Challenges Ching Chou Kuik Christmas Communion Congratulations Cooking Copic Cricut Cricut Art Philosophy CTMH CTMH News CTMH Stamps Digi Stamps Digital Paper Distress Inks Distress Paint Dylusions Easter Elizabeth Bell Embossing Engagement Fall Fancy fantasy Father's Day Favors fl Flower Soft Flower Soft Blog Hop Flower Soft Display Globes Flower Soft Downloads Flower Soft molds Flower Soft Stamps Flower Soft Toppers Flower Soft Wires Friendship gelli prints General Get Well Gift Card GinaK Designs Giveaway Glimmer Mist Graduation Gratitude Halloween Heartfelt Creations Heartfelt Creations Alumni DT Heartfelt Creations DT Hero Arts Home Decor Hostess Gift Ice Resin Impressabilities Impression Obsession In the Pink Invitations jewelry JustRite Kara's Corner keychain Kool Tak La La Land Love Mabel Lucie Attwell Make it Monday Mardi Gras Masculine Media Mixage Memory Box dies MFT Mini Album Miss You Mitzi Sato-Wiuff Mixed Media MLK modeling paste Mojo Monday Mother's Day Moxie Fab Music My Favorite Things My Mind's Eye Nestabilities Our Daily Bread Designs Paper Crafts Paper Piecing Passover Patriotic Peachy Keen Penny Black Photoshop Polka Doodles PPinkyDolls Project Pea DT PTI Blog Hop PTI Dies PTI Stamps Publications Recipes resin Sale Saturated Canary Scrapbooking Shabby Chic Shapeabilities Silk Acrylic Glaze Silks Simply Betty Sizzix Dies Sketch Slinky Tart Slinky Tart DT SNSS Spellbinders Spring St. Patrick's Day Stamp Camp Stampendous Stamping Stamping Chef Stationery stencil Sugar Pea Designs Summer Sweet 'n Sassy Sweet Pea Stamps Sympathy Tags Teacher Templates Thank You Thanksgiving The Stamps of Life Thinking of You Tiddly Inks Tim Holtz tips TSC DT TSOL TSOL DT Tutorial Valentine Vellum Video Vintage Want2Scrap Water Color WCMD Wedding Winners Winter Workshops and Classes WPlus9
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...