Saturday, August 22, 2009

Circle Card - Trust Your Heart


Here's a sneak peak at September's CTMH Stamp of the Month, Treasures. This card gives me the perfect opportunity to show you how I make my circle cards using the Cuttlebug. For this card I used the largest scallop circle but you can easily adapt this to any of the nestabilities dies.

I used a 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock folded in half. Make sure the crease is at the top and is NOT being cut by the die.

You can see the top of the nestabilities die peaking out above the crease of the cardstock. Place the B plate on top and run through your Cuttlebug.


Your card will come out looking like this, with the crease uncut.

Since I do not like to see the crease on my circle cards, I cut an additional scallop circle and adhere it ontop of the base. This is the same method I used for the card in this post.

CTMH Products
Cardstock – Colonial White, Twilight
Ink – Twilight
Stamp Set – Treasures (September 09 SOTM)
White EP

Other
Adhesive gems
Nestabilities dies

3 comments:

  1. Cibele, this is so pretty. I like the stamp but am having a real hard time doing anything with it. I think you nailed it. I am with you when it comes to the fold in the card. What I do (and I may have told you this already) is cut out two circles and then score the back one about 1/4 inch from the edge and then adhere just that 1/4 inch to the front and I have a complete circle card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO pretty Cibele!!! I LOVE your idea of using the Nesties like that.
    Great use of this SOTM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete

Sharing your thoughts makes my day and I appreciate that you take the time to leave me a comment.

Flower Petals

acrylic paint All Dressed Up Altered Items Anniversary Aurora Wings Baby Baby Shower bezels Bind-it-All Birthday Blog Hop Bookmark Bridal Shower card CardMaker Cards CAS2011fallDT CFC Challenges Ching Chou Kuik Christmas Communion Congratulations Cooking Copic Cricut Cricut Art Philosophy CTMH CTMH News CTMH Stamps Digi Stamps Digital Paper Distress Inks Distress Paint Dylusions Easter Elizabeth Bell Embossing Engagement Fall Fancy fantasy Father's Day Favors fl Flower Soft Flower Soft Blog Hop Flower Soft Display Globes Flower Soft Downloads Flower Soft molds Flower Soft Stamps Flower Soft Toppers Flower Soft Wires Friendship gelli prints General Get Well Gift Card GinaK Designs Giveaway Glimmer Mist Graduation Gratitude Halloween Heartfelt Creations Heartfelt Creations Alumni DT Heartfelt Creations DT Hero Arts Home Decor Hostess Gift Ice Resin Impressabilities Impression Obsession In the Pink Invitations jewelry JustRite Kara's Corner keychain Kool Tak La La Land Love Mabel Lucie Attwell Make it Monday Mardi Gras Masculine Media Mixage Memory Box dies MFT Mini Album Miss You Mitzi Sato-Wiuff Mixed Media MLK modeling paste Mojo Monday Mother's Day Moxie Fab Music My Favorite Things My Mind's Eye Nestabilities Our Daily Bread Designs Paper Crafts Paper Piecing Passover Patriotic Peachy Keen Penny Black Photoshop Polka Doodles PPinkyDolls Project Pea DT PTI Blog Hop PTI Dies PTI Stamps Publications Recipes resin Sale Saturated Canary Scrapbooking Shabby Chic Shapeabilities Silk Acrylic Glaze Silks Simply Betty Sizzix Dies Sketch Slinky Tart Slinky Tart DT SNSS Spellbinders Spring St. Patrick's Day Stamp Camp Stampendous Stamping Stamping Chef Stationery stencil Sugar Pea Designs Summer Sweet 'n Sassy Sweet Pea Stamps Sympathy Tags Teacher Templates Thank You Thanksgiving The Stamps of Life Thinking of You Tiddly Inks Tim Holtz tips TSC DT TSOL TSOL DT Tutorial Valentine Vellum Video Vintage Want2Scrap Water Color WCMD Wedding Winners Winter Workshops and Classes WPlus9
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...